Saturday 13 December 2008

Certificate of Continuing Education in Egyptology

Quite a few people have asked me about the course I am doing, it is a 4 year course with Manchester University and COMPLETELY online which is fabulous for me living in Egypt. There are people from all over the world on it. My tutor is Joyce Tyldesley (how cool is that). There is a discussion forum where you post your topic work as well as chat to other students. You get topics released every month with links to good internet sites and museums. There are essays to do, quizzes and of course topic work and a reading list as long as your arm. I am really enjoying it and it is really opening up my eyes to how out of date and incomplete my knowledge is (is that good or bad lol). You get access to Jstor. You had to answer a couple of questions on the application form and it was nerve wracking waiting to hear if I had been accepted. The price is very reasonable, £770 GBP this year. I would throughly recommend it.

http://www.humanities.manchester.ac.uk/coursespublic/directory/other/egyptology/
Certificate of Continuing Education in Egyptology
This four year, part-time course provides opportunity for serious academic study of the history and civilization of Ancient Egypt from c3100BC to the Arab Conquest, together with a grounding in Middle Egyptian Hieroglyphs. The programme is led by Professor Rosalie David OBE, a scholar of international standing and Director of the University's KNH Centre for Biomedical Egyptology.

The programme is offered as a taught course as well as through online distance learning.

For further information please email egypt.cce@manchester.ac.uk

No comments: