Sunday, 15 January 2012
The Society for the Study of Egyptian Antiquities
The Society for the Study of Egyptian Antiquities: Ken Griffin Her name appears on the second line (from the right) with the text reading:
1. Words spoken by the singer of the harem of
2. Amun, Nehemesbastet
3. true of voice. Daughter of
4. the fourth prophet of Amun, Djed-
5. khonsuiwfankh, true of voice,
6. son of the fourth prophet of Amun, Har-
7. siese, true of voice,
8. her mother, the daughter of the king, lord of the two lands,
9. Takelot [II], true of voice, Shepen-
10. sopdet, true of voice.
The remainder of the text is the beginning part of the shabti spell so is not particularly relevant. Of course, I'm not in any way saying that this IS the same woman discovered in the Valley. However, the name is the same, she is a singer of Amun, and her father is a priest of Amun. All points which have appeared in the press!
- Sent using Google Toolbar