Sunday 20 May 2012

Looking for a special meal in Luxor, try the Rosetta at the Hilton


I just had the best meal I have ever had in Luxor after 33 years of visiting and 9 years of living here, at the Rosetta at the Hilton. I knew the place had been refurbished and enjoyed cocktails there a year ago, being most pleasantly surprised by the decor. What I didn’t realise was that the food had been totally transformed. The standard is a million miles above that of its rivals(1886 Winter Palace and Al Moudira) and worth splashing out on. The Rosetta offers a buffet but this not your normal picture of rows of stale bain-maries, this was stunning buffet a la carte. First the starters, they have loads of individual dishes of the most scrummy dishes, I had four!!! including a cold soup which was superb. I chose the chefs special for main course and this was lamb fatta. The lamb was so tender and fell of the bone, the taste was perfect. There were loads of other choices, including vegetarian. Then desert OMG I think I died and went to heaven, I had five of those. You know how you can’t make up your mind and just want a little bit of everything, that is exactly what they did. Everything was just as it should be and the presentation was immaculate. To be honest nobody comes to Egypt for cuisine ....but now you can. I know where I will be recommending to friends looking for a special night out.

No comments: