Friday 14 September 2012

Jane in Egypt in 1979 - The End

14th September 1979 Back to the Museum 


Got up late and had breakfast at 8. Then we dash out of the hotel and lost Hazel so had to go back for her, then went to the Museum to see the mummies, Meket Re models and Hethepheres (Cheops mum) jewellery, lovely delicate gold charms, Narmer palette. 


Figure 72 Cairo 
Then to the Hilton for drinks then shopping and back to the Hilton for lunch had chicken soup sleep in afternoon and dinner at Felfela with Fred Nellie Marjory Yvonne Caren Ki Ping Ranold Hassian Joan Betty Hazel Monica Bernard and Sue. 

Figure 73 Felfela 1979


Figure 74 Felfela 2000 


Muriel and Claire had to stay behind but we gave her the present before we went to bed at 12:30.
Figure 75 Claire gets her present 

Figure 76 Group photo where are you now?

If you know any of these people I would love to hear from them  

15th September Return to the UK 

Up at 5.00 breakfast at 5:30 and left the Windsor at 6:00 for airport, loads of security checks, none of which were effective, passed time until 7:30. Then we waited to board the plane, took off at 8:00 5 hr flight. 


So ends my first visit to Egypt, it was definitely the best holiday I ever had. I am so glad I kept a diary so I still have all those memories. I wish I had taken more photos though. I went again in 1981, 1986, 1992 and then 2000. Since 2000 I visited several times until I moved here in 2003. Some things have changed, some remain the same but I still love Egypt. It gets into your blood. 

If you want a full copy of the diary, please send me your email address and I will send you the PDF

No comments: